UK Strategy for Rare Diseases
19 November, 2013
Rare Disease UK, the national alliance for those with rare diseases, have announced that the UK Strategy for Rare Diseases will be published on Friday 22 November. This is the first time that there will be a UK wide approach to rare diseases. The aim of the UK Strategy is to improve healthcare and health outcomes of those affected by rare conditions.
On Friday Rare Disease UK expects to see a UK Strategy that:
• Empowers patients affected by rare conditions;
• Seeks to identify and prevent rare conditions;
• Seeks to improve diagnosis and early intervention;
• Recognises the need for coordinated care;
• Recognises the importance of scientific research.